Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Friendship

I've been thinking about friendship lately. And as I was composing this blog, a writer friend posted something on his blog along the same lines. Funny how life works, isn't it?

It's odd, because my friends range in age from people in their 20's to people in their 90's. I've got friends who are devout Christians, agnostics and athiests. And I love each one of them for the things they bring to my life and allow me to bring to their lives. I have friends that have known and (mostly) loved me for years. I have friends that know my deepest fears, my heartbreaks, my mistakes, my short-comings; and they still love me. I have friends I've known for a short time, who feel like I've known them forever.

As I sit here and think back over the last 40 or so years, (yes, I'll be 50 this year, but shhhhh it's a secret) I am grateful. For the friends who've stuck by me through everything, God bless you. For the friends who've given me a kick in the behind when I needed it, God bless you. For those who make me laugh, cry, think, dream, hope, feel....thank you and God bless you. For the ones who listen to me moan and whine, God bless you.

I guess what I'm saying is, each and every one of my friends is in my heart. I'm not going to list names, because I'd forget someone and hurt feelings. Just know, if our paths have crossed, I'm grateful. God bless you.



1 comment: