Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Review of Scott D. Southard's "A Jane Austen Daydream"

I couldn't tell you the last time I picked up one of Jane Austen's works. No, that's not quite true. I know it was around the time I took English literature in college. So, for me to pick up and read a book about Jane Austen, fiction or not, was a minor miracle in itself.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it has to be one of the best pieces of fiction I've read in a while. Scott D. Southard's "A Jane Austen Daydream" had me at page one. He is a very gifted storyteller with the ability to bring you into the story quickly and keep you there. I felt every disappointment, triumph and tragedy. I literally could not put it down. And the twist at the end was written so well that it took a moment for me to realize what he'd done.

If you want a great read, get this book! You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment