Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quell Those Doubts

One of the most difficult things for me to do is stop negative self-talk. I doubt myself more often than not. That's a very difficult position for anyone who likes to create.

I've developed friendships with a few other writers. These friendships started at a local writing group. This is helpful on so many levels. Writing is a solitary activity. The interaction with people who understand this is invaluable. 

The writers I'm friends with offer critiques. And I do the same for them. We bounce ideas off each other, read our work in group, or critique hard copy for each other. I also have a network of followers and followees, if you will, that provide inspiration, information and experience. 

And as I move along in this creative journey, I find it easier to tell myself "you really don't suck at this", "you can do this", "you have a unique voice".

Quell the doubts and move on. 

You can find me on Facebook Linda Beeson Rosendale, Author or on twitter @writerlinda2008. 



No comments:

Post a Comment